CEO/Founder of Options Rehab
Dr. Diego Ruiz is the CEO and founder of Options Rehab in Nutley, NJ. He is a New Jersey board certified chiropractic physician and in 2001 he earned his Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree from Life University School Of Chiropractic located in Marietta, GA. He attended Montclair State University for undergraduate studies from 1992 through 1996 and later transferred to Life University School Of Undergraduate Studies to complete his B.S. (Bachelors of Science) in Nutrition. Dr. Ruiz also earned credits towards an M.S. (Masters of Science) degree in Sports Health Science, also at Life University School of Graduate Studies. Upon graduation in 2001 Dr. Ruiz moved back to his home state of New Jersey and started his chiropractic practice in November of 2001.
Dr. Ruiz’s post-doctorate training includes:
- Credits earned in Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
- Certified NCT (Nerve Conduction Technician) from the American Academy Of Clinical Electro-Diagnosis.
- Certified MUA (Manipulation Under Anesthesia) Physician from the American Academy Of M.U.A. Physicians.
- Credits earned in ART (Active Release Technique) of the Lower Extremities.
- Certified FAKTR (Functional and Kinetic Treatment With Rehabilitation) provider.
- Certified FTMI (Functional Taping for Musculoskeletal Injuries) provider.
- Past advisory board member of SpinalAid Centers of America, a franchise specializing in non-surgical spinal decompression treatment for acute and chronic low back pain.
Dr. Ruiz’ s past experience in sports injury management includes being a past team physician for the Newark Bears, a Triple-A baseball team in Newark, NJ. Dr. Ruiz has also been the sports chiropractor to many professional boxers and mixed martial art fighters, in addition to present and past professional athletes of MLB (Major League Baseball) and the NFL (National Football League).
In his spare time Dr. Ruiz trains in the art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) under Professor Jaimie Cruz, a Renzo Gracie Black Belt and Kodokan Judo under 6th degree black belt Sensei Tony Camal. Dr. Ruiz is also deeply involved in youth and high school wrestling and served as a past assistant coach to Caldwell wrestling middle school travel team. Dr. Ruiz’s philanthropic passion includes being the founder of Autism Angels where he raises money for financially challenged parents of autistic children. Dr. Ruiz is happily married to his wife Rosalie Ruiz and an extremely proud father of 2, Maximo and Angelina Ruiz.